VFR1200 PAIR removal

Guest phobe

• Member Contributer

Hey Phobe, I had an issue with the PAIR block off plates that I got from Kyle Racing, the rear plates (RC51) don't fit, I sent an email to Mike to let him know. You might want to double check yours, you might have an exhaust leak. There is a small gap at the corner.

20130921_130448.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Phobe, I had an issue with the PAIR block off plates that I got from Kyle Racing, the rear plates (RC51) don't fit, I sent an email to Mike to let him know. You might want to double check yours, you might have an exhaust leak. There is a small gap at the corner.

20130921_130448.jpg

I didn't pull the airbox on my VFR1200 when I blocked off the pair system but I assume the stock VFR pair plates have male hose nipples the pair system hoses fit over like every other bike I have disabled these systems on in the last 20 years. If I want to take all the pair hoses & other pair crap off to unclutter the top of the motor I simply take off the stock pair plates and block the pair plate hose nipples with high temp GE silicone and reinstall the stock pair plates after the silicone sets overnight. Never had a silicone plug in a stock pair plate come loose. Simple, cheap answer and they can't be seen so why pay for aftermarket plates.

Archived