What upper triple fits lower sp1 triple

Guest highland

Guest highland

I have tried to read all the discussion on this, but still need more info and you guys seem to know more about this than anyone. Will any triple that incorporates handle bar mounts (not clip -ons) fit the SP1 (RC51) stem, something like on a Tuono or 919? If there is nothing with built in mounts, then I need something flat like the SP1 upper that I can drill to install clamps, but SP1 uppers seem to be hard to find. Is there anything else?

Thanks for any info.

Robert

I almost hate to say this out loud, but the 2004-2006 CBR1000RR upper triple has the same drop as a CBR929/954RR upper triple, and has a large flat area on top that you could bolt bar risers to. You should reinforce the underside though, as a precautionary measure.

I have tried to read all the discussion on this, but still need more info and you guys seem to know more about this than anyone. Will any triple that incorporates handle bar mounts (not clip -ons) fit the SP1 (RC51) stem, something like on a Tuono or 919? If there is nothing with built in mounts, then I need something flat like the SP1 upper that I can drill to install clamps, but SP1 uppers seem to be hard to find. Is there anything else?

Thanks for any info.

Robert

Ebay? Though they can get pricey quickly.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=post&section=post&do=reply_post&f=62&t=61350&qpid=720423