credit where credit is due

Guest superchode

Guest superchode

on the recent trip to the races in assen, it became evident that the bike dock for the tomtom rider (2nd ed.) wasn't charging the unit.

having recently picked up a car adapter for the same unit, it was clear that i'd lost power on one of the two powered pins on the dock.

i sent tomtom an e-mail via their site. within one business day they had responded and given me instructions on how to log into their site and enter my shipping info to get a replacement. that process took about 5 minutes of my time. today the postman showed up with a replacement dock. about a week for the whole process.

i bought the unit just over a year ago. not exactly sure what the warranty is, but i expect it's one year, as with most electronica.

a very positive experience, all in all. figured i should pass on the good word.

• Member Contributer

I had a good experience with them as well. They sat on the phone with me and knowledgeably trouble shot a 740 until we had diagnosed the problem wasn't fixable from my end. I got a replacement in short order also. What impressed me is I didn't get passed off to some ESL person overseas to try to figure out what they're saying along with what the problem is.

on the recent trip to the races in assen, it became evident that the bike dock for the tomtom rider (2nd ed.) wasn't charging the unit.

having recently picked up a car adapter for the same unit, it was clear that i'd lost power on one of the two powered pins on the dock.

i sent tomtom an e-mail via their site. within one business day they had responded and given me instructions on how to log into their site and enter my shipping info to get a replacement. that process took about 5 minutes of my time. today the postman showed up with a replacement dock. about a week for the whole process.

i bought the unit just over a year ago. not exactly sure what the warranty is, but i expect it's one year, as with most electronica.

a very positive experience, all in all. figured i should pass on the good word.

Thx good to know, I have a TTR2.

Archived