Stator Fried w/pics

ron47

• Member Contributer

Hey has Honda ever fixed this issue? My 07 is pushing 40k miles and I was wondering if I should get ready for a replacement. That and I plan on heading down east this summer and don't want to be halfway around the Cabit Trail and have my stator cook.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey has Honda ever fixed this issue? My 07 is pushing 40k miles and I was wondering if I should get ready for a replacement. That and I plan on heading down east this summer and don't want to be halfway around the Cabit Trail and have my stator cook.

I don't think so. Seems like a designed failure system to assure parts sales to me. :-)

Not too difficult to pull the cover and take a look at the stator. You can run the tests first with a VOM and get an idea if anything is amiss for sure. Might even be able to save the gasket on that new a bike if you are very careful.

Stators are a failure issue on all motorcycles, the VFR actually has a pretty reliable stator , they did have more RR issues in years past. But The average motorcycle stator failure for most bikes is way less than 50,000 mile.

Mine failed at 56,000 mile

Archived