Hard saddlebags -best price

Guest Joe Rider

Guest Joe Rider

Hi all. Just thought I'd check to see what kind of deals owners of the factory hard bags have been able to get on new sets from dealers. Seems like they are about $1100USD new list price. Anybody able to score some deals out there?

Thanks.

• Member Contributer

I tried to get red... no luck. Not impressed with some of the dealrs in town. Asked one OEM parts guy if he could check,tells me he is sure they no longer avail. I asked if wanted me to fire up the honda computer and check for him seeing how he was to busy texting. That wentover well. After I left with a evil grin on my face, I did find a dealer that was .. well, willing to deal.

I asked if they had done their booking for the year. He said no. I said if you had my gear to you order, will it put you near any goals ( free freight over a certain dollar value, larger discount from supplier, longer terms for payments etc etc . I got a good deal, and found a OEM thats willing to play. Service and customer support... not the same when I was in the biz.

Then again, that's why I left it. Ask your local OEM to see if they have your colour available. Good luck.

I tried to get red... no luck. Not impressed with some of the dealrs in town. Asked one OEM parts guy if he could check,tells me he is sure they no longer avail. I asked if wanted me to fire up the honda computer and check for him seeing how he was to busy texting. That wentover well. After I left with a evil grin on my face, I did find a dealer that was .. well, willing to deal.

I asked if they had done their booking for the year. He said no. I said if you had my gear to you order, will it put you near any goals ( free freight over a certain dollar value, larger discount from supplier, longer terms for payments etc etc . I got a good deal, and found a OEM thats willing to play. Service and customer support... not the same when I was in the biz.

Then again, that's why I left it. Ask your local OEM to see if they have your colour available. Good luck.

Honestly, with the silver bike, just get the Givi luggage instead. It's cheaper and has more room in each piece. You could get saddle bags AND the top case and all the mounting hardware for just what you'd pay for the Honda hardbags - which are made for Honda by Givi, IRC.

• Member Contributer

Honestly, with the silver bike, just get the Givi luggage instead. It's cheaper and has more room in each piece. You could get saddle bags AND the top case and all the mounting hardware for just what you'd pay for the Honda hardbags - which are made for Honda by Givi, IRC.

I apologize, I am studying for an exam, and forgot to add key information.(Future note to myself, do not study and log into VFRD). I purchased GIVI and PLXR quick mount system.

At one Honda dealer, there was a 2006 VFR with OEM bags and a CBF1000 with GIVI V46 top and V35 sides. As bassjones said, go with GIVI.

Archived