Video Editing Software???

ShayneJack

I have finally completed editing the 4500+ pictures and movies I took when I went to Yurp in August/September 2008. After erading LOTS of reviews and trying all kinds of software including two different versions of Nero, Camtasia 4 and 6, Corel, Adobe and some other things I can't remember, and getting VERY frustrated, I finally took a gamble and bought Roxio Creator 2010. (It was a gamble because they didn't have a trial version, and the reviews were mostly complimentary, but there were some very negative ones).

It's pretty good, although it does have some quirks and shortcomings. I still have to use a few other utuilities to do all I want to with it, but I'm pretty happy with it.

While not a dedicated movie editor, the Videowave module that comes with it is pretty easy to use, with lots of features and good tools. It's not quite as good as Camtasia in some ways (the interface is a little less intuitive), and is slower when processing loaded and edited movies, but the end result is more than satisfactory.

The other really good thing about Roxio is the user forum, which I found to be a BIG help. :fing02:

As for Nero - the older version worked pretty well, but the latest version sucks because despite having more features, it's actually less usable. Happily, Roxio does pretty much everything Nero does, plus a lot more.

Archived