Pro Grip + Throttlemeister?

Guest sparkymcgee

Guest sparkymcgee

Hey all,

I am installing the Throttlemeister on my '08 and I have the Pro Grip gels. I noticed that the Pro grips are significantly longer than the stock grips and might interfere with the operation of the throttlemeister. Has anyone installed both? Did you have to trim part of the grip?

Guest 11JLARG

Hey all,

I am installing the Throttlemeister on my '08 and I have the Pro Grip gels. I noticed that the Pro grips are significantly longer than the stock grips and might interfere with the operation of the throttlemeister. Has anyone installed both? Did you have to trim part of the grip?

Hey all,

I had to cut down my Pro Grips for use with my throttle lock. I did not cut the end off; well, at least it does not look like I did. Just inboard of the flared end of the grip, the outer part, is a narrow groove, I cut there and trimmed back the grip and reinstalled the outer flared part of the grip. Hard to explain, but it looks and works great; over 35,000 miles on the grips at this point.

Hey all,

I had a TM-© On a 5th gen VFR, just put the PG-© on and cut if needed after to desired length. wrap some masking tape on where you want to cut, use the edge of the tape as your guide. Also put oil on the razor, it makes cutting rubber easy.