Amber Signal Lens For 07

Guest racer-wanna-be

Guest racer-wanna-be

I like the look of the amber/yellow turn signal lenses better than the clear my 07 came with. I did a search but cant find the answer. I believe the older 6 gen came with the colored lens. Looking for what years (if any) came with these lenses and/or a part number? Aftermarket?

Thanks

• Member Contributer
04 came with them.

2002-2005 came with Amber. I believe they switched to clear in 2006. I just so happen to have a pair from a 2003 for sale in the classifieds section. Are you interested? Or I'd be more than happy to trade straight up. :blink:

And, the bulb is a different type, so you'd have to find the correct socket and rewire to this.

• Member Contributer
04 came with them.

Thnaks

OUCH! $300 for the rear....I don't like the look that much!!!!!

Oh, do you want front or rears? I don't have an extra set of rears, but would be interested in trading, as I prefer the clear look to the amber. Not sure if it is simply a new socket, like in front, or not, but I can find out what is needed to switch if you'd like?

• Member Contributer
I have a spare amber rear AND fronts, and would like to trade as well...

Dibs! Haha, but seriously, I should clarify. I do have both, but I'd have to take them off of my bike to trade, and I don't really want to do that for a few more weeks, at least, to avoid missing the last days of riding. And Seb almost certainly has more knowledge of what is required to switch over the wiring for the bulb change. If his are available right now, and you're in a hurry, go with him. Otherwise, I can figure out whatever is needed to make it work for you.

I'm actually surprised 12 people haven't jumped in offering to trade, most prefer the clear signal look. :biggrin:

Guest racer-wanna-be

Well now that I know what is involved, I have shelved the idea. I was expecting a quick swap of oem parts. You know, 2 screws, pop off one lens, replace with a new one. NOT! I got enough half finished projects already to work on.

Edited by racer-wanna-be

• Member Contributer
Well now that I know what is involved, I have shelved the idea. I was expecting a quick swap of oem parts. You know, 2 screws, pop off one lens, replace with a new one. NOT! I got enough half finished projects already to work on.

One option would be that we each just chop off the bulb harness and send it with the housings, then splice back in and we're good to go, not ideal, but more along the line of a quick swap of parts.

Ryan, you were THAT close, and then . . . . .

Almost a free white gauge cluster from ThrottlePimp, then almost exchanged my turn signal housings for clear... It's almost turning out to be a great week for me! :beer: