coderighter

• Member Contributer

index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&id=90

File Name: '06 PCV Autotune generated map

File Submitter: coderighter

File Submitted: 04 Aug 2009

File Updated: 08 Dec 2009

File Category: Power Commander Maps

My bike is an '06 with Remus Carbon fibers, BMC filter, and PAIR plugged. I started with the Dynojet Staintune map because it was the richest (safest) of the none stock pipe maps. It has since been Autotuned with the trims accepted 10 times. At this point most of the common cells have been "autotuned". The rest are still at the Staintune setting. I will try to reload this download every month or so, as I ride and more cells get set.

Even if you don't have a PCV but have a PCIII, you could download PCV software at Dynojet.com (free) and open the file and look at the setting. This might help you make informed choices on map setting in your PCIII.

Click here to download this file

• 2 weeks later...

i'm tihinking of getting the pcv also, cause I notice on one of your post, that its more reasonable to get the pcv than the pc3.I have an 06 also w/ two bro. exhaust and a bmc air filter. Will this map work for my set up . I'm not really familiar w/ this stuff.

• Member Contributer
i'm tihinking of getting the pcv also, cause I notice on one of your post, that its more reasonable to get the pcv than the pc3.I have an 06 also w/ two bro. exhaust and a bmc air filter. Will this map work for my set up . I'm not really familiar w/ this stuff.

Yes, it should work great!

• Member Contributer

Yes, should work fine.

I'm going to be downloading a new version on Sunday night. The weather has been a little cooler and I've trying to tune more cells. I've also made some changes to the target AFR's in the low throttle, low RPM in 1st and 2nd. I had made those areas a little rich to soften throttle response but have leaned them back out for a crisper feel. Now they're more in line with what Dynojet had set the target AFR's in the original map. Feels better.

• Member Contributer
I have been thinking of adding a pcV to my 2003 vfr and was hoping you would post your map. Now I just need to get and install the pcV.

The map that I'm making with the Autotune is only going to work on '06-'09. As far as fuel mapping, the '02-'05 is very different from '06-'09. If you can find a PCIII map that matches your bike, I can convert it to a PCV map if you'd like. You can also get a Autotune or wait for someone else with a '02-'05 to get one, then you will have a true 6 gear PCV map. Sooner or later someone will autotune the '02-'05. Until then, you can always run a converted PCIII map.

I have been thinking of adding a pcV to my 2003 vfr and was hoping you would post your map. Now I just need to get and install the pcV.

The map that I'm making with the Autotune is only going to work on '06-'09. As far as fuel mapping, the '02-'05 is very different from '06-'09. If you can find a PCIII map that matches your bike, I can convert it to a PCV map if you'd like. You can also get a Autotune or wait for someone else with a '02-'05 to get one, then you will have a true 6 gear PCV map. Sooner or later someone will autotune the '02-'05. Until then, you can always run a converted PCIII map.

How does this work with the speedo healer on the 06-09 and the gear mapping

• Member Contributer

Just fine. In order to use map-by-gear feature you must make a connection from PCV to the speed sensor, the same as the speedohealer. Once you've made all the connections, you must calibrate it to the bike. It's pretty easy. Here's a link to the manual that tells how to do it.

http://www.powercommander.com/powercommand..._downloads.aspx

As long as you connect the speedohealer after the PCV, so changes in the speedohealer do not effect the input of the PCV, you're good to go.

I have found having different maps for each gear the best feature of the PCV. Before, you had to compromise between smooth performance in the lower gears and economy in 5th and 6th at cruise speeds. With map-by-gear, you get both.

By the way, starting in '06 the VFR has factory map-by-gear so be careful with the speedohealer. The ECU uses the speed signal and compares it to RPM to figure what gear you are in. When you start changing the signal going to the ECU over a certain amount (seems to be around -10), the bikes starts thinking it's in a differant gear than it really is.

See this post for more info.

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...mp;#entry632044

Just fine. In order to use map-by-gear feature you must make a connection from PCV to the speed sensor, the same as the speedohealer. Once you've made all the connections, you must calibrate it to the bike. It's pretty easy. Here's a link to the manual that tells how to do it.

As long as you connect the speedohealer after the PCV, so changes in the speedohealer do not effect the input of the PCV, you're good to go.

I have found having different maps for each gear the best feature of the PCV. Before, you had to compromise between smooth performance in the lower gears and economy in 5th and 6th at cruise speeds. With map-by-gear, you get both.

By the way, starting in '06 the VFR has factory map-by-gear so be careful with the speedohealer. The ECU uses the speed signal and compares it to RPM to figure what gear you are in. When you start changing the signal going to the ECU over a certain amount (seems to be around -10), the bikes starts thinking it's in a differant gear than it really is.

Does that mean we have to patch our wiring harness?? it doesn't just plug up and fix it??

maybe I could start with Cozy's map and autotune that.

Cheers, Whitepine

• Member Contributer

Does that mean we have to patch our wiring harness?? it doesn't just plug up and fix it??

No plugs, you just have to splice one wire into the speed sensor output wire. Pretty easy.

Yes, should work fine.

I'm going to be downloading a new version on Sunday night. The weather has been a little cooler and I've trying to tune more cells. I've also made some changes to the target AFR's in the low throttle, low RPM in 1st and 2nd. I had made those areas a little rich to soften throttle response but have leaned them back out for a crisper feel. Now they're more in line with what Dynojet had set the target AFR's in the original map. Feels better.

Sonds good, just ordered my pcv on Motorcycle superstore. I should get it by the end of the week. Thanks

Archived