Exhaust Mod - 2007 Vfr

Guest pcohenchicago

Guest pcohenchicago

Hey all. Great site. Love the info and contributions.

I have a quick question. I added teh full Motad headers and Remus exhaust today and dyno tune the PCIII accordingly. Now, my FI light stays on all the time sad.gif When you first start up, the FI flashes in some sort of pattern until you shift into gear then it stays solid. Any ideas on what that might be? Thanks all!!!

What did you do with the O2 Sensors?

The PC III needs you to put O2 elims in place to make things run right. I'm sure you did that - but just starting at the basics.

What did you do with the O2 Sensors?

The PC III needs you to put O2 elims in place to make things run right. I'm sure you did that - but just starting at the basics.

Actually, I had teh PCIII done last year when I added the K&N. The O2 eliminators were put in place at that time. The FI light issue happened after I had the Motad headers, Remus, and dyno tuning completed. I ran it through its' paces. VTek kicks in and everything. Bike runs at normal temperatures and performance is very obviously improved with the new exhaust. Right now it's just an annoyance, but I would like to try to figure it out so if there ever IS a FI problem, I will know smile.gif'

Thanks for the reminder of the O2...

Only thing electrical you messed with is the Dyno Tuning - if you messed with the fuel maps I mean.

As a basic start point - find your power connection point for your PCIII, make sure its 100%, as well as the ground.

Check the codes, and re-check that your PCIII has the map you loaded still in memory.

Wish I could help more.

Judging by the manual it looks like something with the no. 2 O2 sensor. First step is to erase the log. If the error pops up again, then there are several things to check and reset as needed. Doesn't look too hard. I am guessing that, during the install of the exhaust, a cable may have been disconnected and not completely reconnected? It seems all indications point to the sensor so that is where I will begin smile.gif

Archived