50cent Mod - Painted Both Radiators Black

DougFromIndy

• Member Contributer

No pics! sorry , computer problems.

While admiring my silver 03 at the top of Cherohala Skyway this Spring, I thought it would look better with black painted radiators showing thru the silver side panels. Both side panels are off now, just finished a CCT swap (easy) and an oil change so sprayed rads with high heat black.

Anyone do this? No pics yet, post up if you have done this. I think it will be sharp with silver.

My dark tint tall ST screen, 06 black front fender, 06 hardbags, bike is looking way cool now.

:cool: no pics useless thread , I know :biggrin:

hugger, new brake pads, new tires, new chain and sprocket on my return from Mich UP trip,

then ready for CO summit! noisy cct/dirty oil had me parked for way too long, ready for the VFR again.

With bodywork off, the little plastic screens snap off, then spray, 10 min mod

• Member Contributer
No pics! sorry , computer problems.

While admiring my silver 03 at the top of Cherohala Skyway this Spring, I thought it would look better with black painted radiators showing thru the silver side panels. Both side panels are off now, just finished a CCT swap (easy) and an oil change so sprayed rads with high heat black.

Anyone do this? No pics yet, post up if you have done this. I think it will be sharp with silver.

My dark tint tall ST screen, 06 black front fender, 06 hardbags, bike is looking way cool now.

:cool: no pics useless thread , I know :biggrin:

hugger, new brake pads, new tires, new chain and sprocket on my return from Mich UP trip,

then ready for CO summit! noisy cct/dirty oil had me parked for way too long, ready for the VFR again.

With bodywork off, the little plastic screens snap off, then spray, 10 min mod

Painted my rads flat kettle black a couple years ago. I like the look and the paint has stayed on well!!!!!

See you in CO.

ki-speed (Mark)

gallery_2084_112_293733.jpg

bike08left.JPG

gallery_2084_112_12061.jpg

Carbon Fiber clutch cover & clear turn signals

• Member Contributer

There was a big thread during the winter about painting the rads black, I did it and admire the effect everytime I see it.

Muff

• Member Contributer

Thanks for the pic, I see I need to paint the top end caps also because they will show, so a little more work on the top end caps for me, your pic helps as bodywork is still off my bike, thanks doug

that was one of the first things I did to mine... oh yeah but I painted the mesh covers red to match, I get positive comments on them all the time

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

Personally, I think Honda should have used a black frame on silver and white VFR's. The contrast makes it look better. The good thing about my silver frame (and yes, I know it's unpainted aluminum), is it looks good with red body work (a black frame would too, though.) I think the radiators look best if they match the color of the frame.

So long as we're on the subject, I've often thought about having my subframe powder coated an aluminum-looking color to match the main frame. What would be the best approach in ensuring the color matches the frame as closely as possible? Do powder coaters have as many options as painters when it comes to selecting a color?

Archived