2003 Veefer - Tires Best Fit To Climate

danielvfr

Hia guys,

Currently running on PP, thinking of switching to Roadsmart or Pirelli Angel.

However, a question came to my mind - should I consider the climate where I live?

I live in Israel. we got about 30 days of rain a year, the summer is very hot (30+ in the day, 20+ at night). winter is no so cold (min 12 in the day and min 5 at night).

Most of my commuting is straight line, with the occasional cornering, and also riding within city limits (heavy traffic).

Is there anyone here that lives in similar conditions and perhaps can recommend a tire?

Should this kind of climate be taken under consideration regarding the Roadsmart?

Thanks

Daniel.

• Member Contributer

Daniel,

I live in Las Vegas, Nevada USA. The climate may be very similar to Israel. I use Continental Road Attacks. They are sticky enough and seem to last long enough. The problems we have here are sand in the corners and oil on the roads because it never rains. The Conti Road Attacks hold their grip and I haven't had any traction problems, except in the mornings. There is a turn leaving my neighborhood and I seem to lose traction when I go through it too fast. Not much, but just enough to lose confidence. I think it's an issue with the tires being cold.

Hi Danial, welcome to VFRD!!! :fing02:

If you like PP's you'll love the new Pilot Road 2, about as grippy as the PP, better wet grip and 40-60% longer tread life. :goofy:

Archived