Oem Luggage Lock Repair

Hagios

• Member Contributer

So, I was at work today and lo and behold when I get off, someone seems to have taken a screwdriver to the lock on one of my OEM sidebags :happy:

I can't so much as open the bag; what can be done to repair this one (ONLY the lock is damaged), or am I out $1k to buy a new pair? Thanks guys

• Member Contributer
So, I was at work today and lo and behold when I get off, someone seems to have taken a screwdriver to the lock on one of my OEM sidebags :happy:

I can't so much as open the bag; what can be done to repair this one (ONLY the lock is damaged), or am I out $1k to buy a new pair? Thanks guys

The OEM bags are made by Givi, so the lock is replaceable. You'll need to somehow get the damaged lock open, and then replace the lock itself. Twisted Throttle sells a 2- case replacement kit so you can have one key for both sidecases...

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/imagecatalo...uctview/910/70/

• Member Contributer

Okay, this feels much less like an absolute disaster now :D Any idea if I can order specific locks? (All three of my locks--trunk and sidebags--have lock #102, so I'd prefer to either get a 3-pack or else another #102)

• Member Contributer
Okay, this feels much less like an absolute disaster now :D Any idea if I can order specific locks? (All three of my locks--trunk and sidebags--have lock #102, so I'd prefer to either get a 3-pack or else another #102)

I don't think you can order a specific lock cylinder to match what you have now, but Twisted Throttle sells a three pack you want to change the locks on all three cases.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/204/70/

• Member Contributer

Just the cylinder was damaged, correct? Those are replaceable, once you figure out how to get it open.

Might as well get a three pack, though they can probably get you a #102.

• 2 years later...

Just the cylinder was damaged, correct? Those are replaceable, once you figure out how to get it open.

Might as well get a three pack, though they can probably get you a #102.

HI Folks,

Visitor here. I picked up on this thread in my attempt to find out if the Givi locks sold by Twisted Throttle in fact do fit the OEM VFR bags. I want to buy a set for my buddy who lent me his bike for a few days - for some reason most of his key are bent, and the side bag keys don't match the topbox. Anyway, your knowledge (confirmation) would be much appreciated. (Twisted Throttle told me to go to Honda, which I'd rather not.)

Archived