Please Help I Need Someone To Set Me Straight

Superceptor02

I heard a set of gutted exhaust the other evening and have been really interested ever since. I had played with the idea months ago. I was thinking I would do a partial gut.

Would this have any ill effects on the motor? Reliability is still the most important thing, so I don't want to mess up my engine. Seeing as how it has a cat will it lose a lot of back pressure?

• Member Contributer
I heard a set of gutted exhaust the other evening and have been really interested ever since. I had played with the idea months ago. I was thinking I would do a partial gut.

Would this have any ill effects on the motor? Reliability is still the most important thing, so I don't want to mess up my engine. Seeing as how it has a cat will it lose a lot of back pressure?

Probably not. Your cat will probably provide more backpressure than a partially gutted can (at least 3 different methods can be found on this forum) and you shouldn't be running lean.

I'm not sure what happened to Billyjackjimbob, but you shouldn't have any problems with a gutted or aftermarket exhaust. The Cat will have enough backpressure and the EFI should make up for any “lean” conditions that would be caused by the increased airflow.

Archived