Tire Patch Kit

Guest Badazzteacher

Guest Badazzteacher

I have been wanting to get one of these kits for some time now especially for rides when I am very far away from home, however I found that MC specific kits were typically $60 - $120.

Today while buying some Mobil 1 and a new filter at the corner auto parts store, I thought I'd check to see if they have a patch kit. Yes they do and for only $20.

It's marketed as an ATV tire patch kit, but I don't see how it wouldn't work on a mc tire. For your reference, it's Brand is Victor under Bell auto products.

I hope this helps some of you save some money and be better prepared for a long distance ride. I am getting tired of companies marketing MC specific items at inflated prices.

60130-8.jpg

Looks okay, but my experience is that you will use every single CO2 cartridge and maybe get enough air in the tire to get you to a compressor at a gas station. I just bought a kit from Cycle Gear that was the rubber strips, rubber cement, and tools for cleaning the hole and filling it. Then I ponied up another 30 bucks for a micro-compressor that works off of the battery or a power feed and works up to 300psi. I doubt very seriously that it would put out that much pressure, but it will fill up my tire to a safe pressure. And this way, I can do as many tires as I have the rubber filler strips for. The refills for the strips are 5 or 6 bucks for 10 and I have everything else. But of course, YMMV. :pissed:

I have heard of kits with little compressors at walmart for less than $20. Maybe I'll grab on of those and return this one. Thanks dudes!

• Member Contributer

Slime makes about the best kit out there with a mini-compressor and flat fix kit all in a compact package. Price is reasonable. One thing is for certain is a mini-compressor is much better than CO2 cartridge refills, the CO2 will work fine, just be sure and have quite a few cartridge refills with you. From package....4 QTY 16 gram refill tanks are needed to put 32psi into a 180/55/17 rear VFR tire. :biggrin:

PS- The kit above is a great item for $20, it will work to get you on the road, $20 spent is better than pushing a bike 20 miles IMO

I have heard of kits with little compressors at walmart for less than $20. Maybe I'll grab on of those and return this one. Thanks dudes!

Harbor Freight has these 12V compressors for between $4 and $8. Right now they are on sale for $4.99 in the latest add I got in the mail.

04077.gif

clear.gif

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...Itemnumber=4077

Archived