Yamaha Yzf R1 2002 Regulator

toyz4roy

I 'm looking for a connection diagram for a Yamaha R1 2002 regulator to install in my 1999 vfr. The regulator has 2 connectors on it,a grey and a black with each having 3 male pins in them. There are no markings on the connectors or pins. The regulator appears to be a Shindengen FH001 model but even their website doesn't have much info on it. I bought the reg off ebay If one of you fine members could help me determine the pinout that would be great.

Thanks

• Member Contributer

I am pretty sure it goes as follows: 3 yellow stator wires go to gray plug. It doesn't matter which yellow wire goes to which prong. Then you have green wires and red wires. The red wires go to the black plug on the prong closest to the gray plug. The green wires go on the black plug on the prong furthest from the gray plug. The middle prong on the black plug is not used. Use a good quality electrical connector for each wire to it's prong.

Again, I am pretty sure this is how it is wired up. But if someone can just confirm this, as I am not positive. I did this mod awhile ago and I had a REALLY long day...

I am pretty sure it goes as follows: 3 yellow stator wires go to gray plug. It doesn't matter which yellow wire goes to which prong. Then you have green wires and red wires. The red wires go to the black plug on the prong closest to the gray plug. The green wires go on the black plug on the prong furthest from the gray plug. The middle prong on the black plug is not used. Use a good quality electrical connector for each wire to it's prong.

Again, I am pretty sure this is how it is wired up. But if someone can just confirm this, as I am not positive. I did this mod awhile ago and I had a REALLY long day...

It appears you are right! I checked a schematic for an R1 and it had the wires reversed, I check the output of the regulator unloaded with a voltmeter and got the polarity correct with the pinout you suggested. Finished the install today and got a solid 14.4v at the battery when running at 2500 rpm and solid through rpms. Went for a ride and started and ran great. Thanks very much. :fing02:

Archived