Lv Carbon. How The F*%! Do You Get The Baffles Out

Guest thedrunknmastr

Guest thedrunknmastr

Alright folks, I need some help. I got a new set of LV Carbon EVO II's. It didn't take too long to get them installed, fired the bike up and .... not so impressed. Looked great, sounded not so loud so I decided to take the baffles out. Removed the set screw and used a pair of needle nose pliers and yanked away....finally I got the left side one to come free however I've been pulling on the right one for a lonnnnnng time and can't get it to budge.

Sooooo my question to the many of LV guys out there, is there a trick to pulling these baffles out? (tools, direction, how much force to get it out...easier to pull them with the exhaust not installed etc etc..)

HELPPPPPP!

(and thanks)

Alright folks, I need some help. I got a new set of LV Carbon EVO II's. It didn't take too long to get them installed, fired the bike up and .... not so impressed. Looked great, sounded not so loud so I decided to take the baffles out. Removed the set screw and used a pair of needle nose pliers and yanked away....finally I got the left side one to come free however I've been pulling on the right one for a lonnnnnng time and can't get it to budge.

Sooooo my question to the many of LV guys out there, is there a trick to pulling these baffles out? (tools, direction, how much force to get it out...easier to pull them with the exhaust not installed etc etc..)

HELPPPPPP!

(and thanks)

Put a broomstick up the pipe.....worked for me.

HELPPPPPP!

(and thanks)

Put a broomstick up the pipe.....worked for me.

Worked. Broomstick saved the day smile.gif Growl...much better. Still not as loud as I was hoping for though sad.gif

I think leo's are as loud as you get besides staintunes. Last year when I put mine on I made the mistake of riding for a day with no pipes at all. So when I put on the Leo's it did not seem as loud as I thought it would. Well it seems louder this year after the bike being stored for winter.

• Member Contributer
Don't forget to check out Harfor Freight. I have three pairs of these & they work great.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/disp...temnumber=96349

I think leo's are as loud as you get besides staintunes. Last year when I put mine on I made the mistake of riding for a day with no pipes at all. So when I put on the Leo's it did not seem as loud as I thought it would. Well it seems louder this year after the bike being stored for winter.

Sounds pretty wicked without any slip on at all, ehhh. :idea3:

I rode mine a little like that also while waiting for my Leo's...loved it!!!!

Why do you need heaps of noise?

I can't ride my VFR for more than a few days without the restrictor in - the noise gets on my nerves after a while. Plus it's illegal here, and isn't kind to my neighbours. At the moment I'm using a cut-down restrictor and have an unmodified one to use if/when the police pull me over and tell me to get my non-OEM muffler sound-tested.

When i had my 02 I had staintunes, and I couldnt ride it without the baffles around town, just too loud, but fine in the country.

Now I have Leos on the 07 and the Leos are fine without the baffles, much quieter (and better sounding) than the staintunes IMO

• 1 month later...

Archived