More Tires Questions

Chappy8

• Member Contributer

Hi all, since it's March, it's hailing instead of raining, I lost an hour of my weekend, and I have a flat on my rear tire I started tire shopping.

Current tire is a semi inflated Pirelli Rosso - got a nice flat due to a screw puncture.

Been doing some research and trying to decide between another Rosso, a PR2, and Conti Road Attacks. My riding is non spirited, generally long and flat, and a 50/50 mix of highway vs local roads in IL (so it's flat and straight).

I guess the question is, is a PR2's worth the extra 25 or so bucks for the rear? If I go that way or with CA's, I'm getting the full set. I will keep the front rosso around in case of another incident.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

• Member Contributer

Well, if you liked your Rosso's, why change? They seem like good tires. For an extended mile tire, Pirelli Stratas are good as well.

the road attacks are the best wet of the ones you mentioned (and dry for that matter), they feel more lively than the wooden pr2, and for the difference in cost the pr2s arn't worth the freight.

the road attacks are the best wet of the ones you mentioned (and dry for that matter), they feel more lively than the wooden pr2, and for the difference in cost the pr2s arn't worth the freight.

I loved the Conti Road Attacks, but there was a problem with the front tire's sidewall directional arrows. I think that was at just one factory's tires and it's well enough in the past that it's probably not an issue now, but if you get a set of Conti RAs better check it out.

I'm running Diablos now - great sport-touring skins IMO.

• Member Contributer

I loved the Conti Road Attacks, but there was a problem with the front tire's sidewall directional arrows. I think that was at just one factory's tires and it's well enough in the past that it's probably not an issue now, but if you get a set of Conti RAs better check it out.

I'm running Diablos now - great sport-touring skins IMO.

There is directions on here on which way to mount the front tire. I remember I had to ask myself when first installing them! But I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter either way.

The Continental Road Attacks (CRA) are good tires, and I liked mine, but the Pilot Road 2's seem to be really, really well liked by a lot of the guys on this forum. There are TONS of pages of tire reviews praising the PR2's.

Read up!

• Member Contributer

Thanks all. I'm going the economic route for now; the pirelli to avoid mixing tires and have a short term cost avoidance. Figure I'll burn it off the rear and front easily before Sept's roadtrip on a relatively fresh set of PR2. Going to use the savings from the front to put toward a chain and sprockets.

So much fun to come...first time working on the VFR.

Archived