Newbie Help For Exhaust

Guest 07vfrkid

Guest 07vfrkid

Ok, I have look at so much info on exhaust for my 07, I dont want the 2bro's ,due to the dummy can??don't make sense to me to install a paper weight, I like the leo vince, remus, staintune...I just want the brushed alum or ti look, I don't really want super loud ,just smooth sounding . I don't know if this makes sense ,someone must have a good answer???? :biggrin:

Most on here will say Staintune. They are 100% stainless steel. They are not loud at all and have a removeable sound insert.

I went the cheap riute and gutted the stock exhaust. Gutted sounds the best to me. I have had several peeople say it is the best sounding bike they have ever heard.

Pretty much no pipe sounds bad on a VFR. The V4 always sounds good.

The 2 brothers with dummy pipe is silly, BUT they do make more power with a single outlet exhaust. That is the reason why it is a dummy pipe. 2 bro's has a hp and torque chart that shows it works.

Micron has a brushed finish.

Thanks for the info, I like the leo vince and the remus , I have not really looked into the staintune much, I will do more research??

OH yeah. I started my bike today, and just for the hell of it I put a rag over the right side exhaust outlet. 90% of the exhaust goes out the right muffler. So I would say every system is probably flowing mostly out one muffler.

• Member Contributer

If you have some spare change you can part with, the Staintune exhaust is top drawer as far as materials and workmanship. They sound heavenly and look great. The downside is they are also the most expensive if my memory serves me well. Full stainless steel and they never need repacking.

I would go with gutting the exhaust first. Several here have done it, and it sounds great and costs nothing. Then if you are still not satisfied, and want to change the look of the bike, get a nice aftermarket set up.

• Member Contributer
Ok, I have look at so much info on exhaust for my 07, I dont want the 2bro's ,due to the dummy can??don't make sense to me to install a paper weight, I like the leo vince, remus, staintune...I just want the brushed alum or ti look, I don't really want super loud ,just smooth sounding . I don't know if this makes sense ,someone must have a good answer???? :cool:

Today I put Scorpion (race only per packaging label) cans on and a K&N air filter. What a sound! The best sounding bike I have ever owned was a Suzuki TL1000R with Yoshi pipes. But not any more, there is a new title holder. First of all, I owe all the site members an apology who have read some of my complaints about the 6th generation's performance. The sound from these slip-ons are sweet and deep. My wife said that when I wound it up to 3-4000 rpms, our cats scattered. They thought it was thunder. What is really funny is that I wasn't in the garage that is attached to our house. I was in our garage that is 25 feet from our house with the doors closed. I can't wait to ride it! My opinion is buy Scorpion! JCMotors.com has them for $541.00. Good luck, JD :biggrin:

Archived