Gen-mar Risers

leanit

Question

• Member Contributer

All,

Really nice day today so I started adding some new gear to my bikes. I put a new MRA highway windshield on my CB919 and put the Gen-Mar risers on the VFR but after doing so, I am kinda concerned. The length of fork tube showing isn't alot and after reinstalling the handle bars, the top of the fork tube is recessed about 2 inches. When I put the caps on, it looks okay but the mental picture of them coming off in my hands have me concerned. To those in the know, is this normal? Thanks, JD

4 answers to this question

• Member Contributer
Got a pic???

You can move the tubes upwards a bit, which is a common mod on VFRs.

Thanks Brown. I went for a ride this afternoon and they seem to work fine. I rechecked the bolts and I believe I will be okay. Later, JD

Hmmm, recessed by 2 inches? Sounds like a lot to me... if I were you I'd move the fork-tubes up through the triple trees about 5 or 6 mm. You'll get faster steering out of this mod as wellas the peace of mind that you won't suddenly be saying "look Mum, no handlebars!!"

That is why they provide the caps. So you won't have that picture. :cool:

I have almost 20,000 miles on with a set and no problems, besides if they could handle the wind today I think you are good to go!!

Archived