Tail Light

backonabike

• Member Contributer

Hi guys, Long time no talk. I'm back in school due to our wonderful economy forcing me into the ranks of the unemployed. Enough about my BS though. Here's my question. The guy I bought my 5th gen from was light crazy. He hacked the tail light wiring to add additional (and crappy) lights. So my issue is that the wiring leads coming out of the tail light sockets are pretty much non existent and now only one of my brake lights is working due to a bad connection. Does Honda sell these sockets with the wiring attatched? If so how much? ( newly unemployed, so cheaper=better) Anyone know if any other sockets will fit from an auto application? I have no problem switching them out, but I would like a socket that screws into the housing. Thanks in advance, for any and all info. I hope all are doing well.

• Member Contributer
C'mon somebody out there knows. I just know it.

Correct. And the answer, unfortunately, is "no". You're looking at buying a used wiring loom off ePay, really. It might not matter which Honda it is for, but in order to make sure you get the connectors and sockets you really want (without buying five different looms!) I'd suggest confining your search to 5th-gen VFRs.

Ciao,

Archived