Good City/highway Tire?

Ranger77

• Member Contributer

I know I know, there are tire threads but I need someone to tell me what tire is good. I ride my 5th gen in the city and highway. No track.

I've have used two rear Dunlop qualifiers and 1 front. The rears do not last and I'm not hard on my baby. I need a tire for year round (hot/cold/wet) that'll last but still have grip. These are the only tires I've ridden my vfr on so I have no experience with anything else.

I'm guessing a tire with a hard middle and soft sides? I do like to take some turns hard from time to time, there just isnt back roads here that have twists in them.

• Member Contributer

It's a matter of preference but I recommend Pilot road 2's for rear and Pilot power2ct's for front. Many people will have many suggestions. Look at local shops and online for deals and get what fits the wallet. Let the thread begin...

• Member Contributer
Dang. That around $320 rear and front.

You wanted to know :huh:

Pilot road 2's are the answer :wacko: :excl:

Check out BR's thread, he tells ya right there.

any of the sport-touring tires are more than capable. I have no trouble getting a knee down with Pirelli Stradas, Metzler Z6's, or the Conti Road Attacks. These tires were the sporty stuff not too many years ago. We ARE talking road riding here...not trackdays.

Archived