Intermittent Left Turn Signal Problem

Guest EJS4029

Guest EJS4029

Got to work an noticed I had no turn signals, Replaced blown fuse......Head home at 5PM and turn signals stop working again get home check fuse blown again.....Try another 10AMP and test it seems to work trying all combintaions then blows again...After all that I have no 10AMP fuses left so I try a 15AMP right signal works fine all the time no issues left one intermittently flashes fast according to the indicator light. Then it worked fine it did this a few times so I figure there must be a short somewhere in the wire. Where should I start looking first ? The wires on the left bulbs ? Front and rear ? The switch ? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

• Member Contributer

yeah get out your multi-tester and start testing a section at a time. I would think its on the left side. Probably, pinched a wire somewhere and its grounding on something. You can pull out the bulbs and keep checking for continuity between ground at different places along the circuit. Might even be the switch, test that too.

Do your running lights work normally?

• Member Contributer

I have my wiring diagram out, but it for a 5th gen so I'm not sure if the colors are the same. If you have the service manual look in the back under lights/meters/switches and find the wiring diagram. It will help you a lot. It might even be your turn signal relay. You just need to test each component and section of wire. You will find it.

I wish I could help you more but I dont want to mislead you. I don't know if the 6th gen wiring/components are the same...

Archived