Help With Temperature Display

fotodadi

Question

• Member Contributer

Hi all!!

I have a 08 VFR ABS and I am trying to find out if and how it is possible to change the displayed units for temperature from F to C.

I know that to change from miles to kilometers, its required to press on the left button for about 4 - 5 seconds (I have even held it down for over 30seconds) but I just can seem to find out how to change the temperature display.

Can any one help???

6 answers to this question

You can't change the temperature. F for US, and C for Canada. This is why they prefer that Canadians buy from Canada. They do everything in their power to make the process difficult, so that Canadians can be ass-raped without Vaseline.

Have we met before? You seem vaguely familiar.

• Member Contributer
You can't change the temperature. F for US, and C for Canada. This is why they prefer that Canadians buy from Canada. They do everything in their power to make the process difficult, so that Canadians can be ass-raped without Vaseline.

Geeez man! The details in this answer.... man, oh man!!! And they call ME Professor Potty Mouth?!??! :fing02:

PPM

• Member Contributer

Na wah for you oooo!!!!

You suppose know say na me na??? ol boy wetin dey happin. Make we shake this place too!! Worry worry theem , naija style!! I so hate the way my display dey show F instead of C. You sure say no way for this thing? E no get OBD socket wey persin go just plug tool and enter him brain come re-arrange everywhere?? 08 bike suppose geet that na. Abi wetin you feel??

Oya over to you naija guy!!

Meanwhile you go still tell me how you take know wetin to rape persin for nyash without vaseline mean!!!

No, you can only change Miles to Kilo's, nothing more. Too bad you would think it would change all parameters when you make that change? :laugh:

juliani,

What's with the azz-ra..... comment ? :fing02:

Foto, yes it is I. You will have to get used to the Fahrenheit reading on the bike. The positive is that where you are, the temps will not vary much, so there won't be too much conversion calculation for you to do.

Bailey, Polar, I have to be blunt. I mean every word of what I said.

I moved to Canada a year ago from the good ole S of A . When I was looking to purchase my Viffer, it would have cost me well over $17k to purchase a new one with full luggage, even with the loonie and the greenback being even. Some folks had to have been smoking that hashish. I did purchase a helmet and a Joe Rocket jacket before making a decision on the bike. Imagine my surprise when casually browsing to find that my $350 jacket and $320 helmet were priced at $180 each across the border.

I have been unable to justify the price disparity. I saved almost half the price of the bike by heading back across the border. I'm all for supporting the local economy and all of that, but my observation is that the system is set up to make shopping across the border so difficult and expensive one would want to avoid the trouble and simply shop locally at a robust premium. American Honda even refused to give me a recall clearance letter; something about some "grey-market" mumbo jumbo, like their pettiness would have stopped me. I should probably send them a letter telling them that I exported it anyway.

I've got the cross-border process all figured out though . I keep my broker extremely busy now :biggrin:.

Irritation aside, Canada's a cool place (pardon the pun). Me likey. Albertaflag.gif

Archived