Bike Shut Off With A Code 12

adamf18

• Member Contributer

Coming home from a 10 day trip in the mountains and the bike just shut off about 10 miles from my dad's house (thank god). If I turned everything off for a minute it would start up and go for about a minute. Then I let it set for about 5 minutes and I was able to get to my dad's house. It was acting the same way before the wire harness recall. So we trailer it home (the horror) and I read the codes. Only one code, #12. Its for fuel injector #1. Take the bike apart and do the troubleshooting in the manual. Everything checks good, so now I am stuck. I'm at the point to recheck everything again. Bike is an 2004 with 33k miles on it. Has a power commander and a speedo healer on it.

Any idea's guys?, Gals?

• Member Contributer

On the way home form work yesterday, it finally quit running and would not restart. Bike would not restart at all or if it did, it would stall out with in 5 seconds. Called HRCA and had a tow truck come to pick me up. 45 mins later when they showed up and I tried to start the bike and it started right up like nothing was wrong. They followed me home and the bike now sits. Might have to take it to the dealer and see whats wrong, because everything I have tried checks good.

• Member Contributer
On the way home form work yesterday, it finally quit running and would not restart. Bike would not restart at all or if it did, it would stall out with in 5 seconds. Called HRCA and had a tow truck come to pick me up. 45 mins later when they showed up and I tried to start the bike and it started right up like nothing was wrong. They followed me home and the bike now sits. Might have to take it to the dealer and see whats wrong, because everything I have tried checks good.

Please re-list a summation. (I have a hard time remembering everyone's sitiations.

Off-hand, and in a state of non-remember-ance,.......... Pure speculation,.........

Starter relay, (If the recall wasn't done,.... and I recall it was),..... I'm thinking battery or, stator.

Again, please summarize.

Archived