Best Place For Power Outlet

RollinAgain

• Member Contributer

I want to put a DC power outlet (12v) on my bike for running a compressor and to charge my ipod while riding. Where is the best place to put the outlet so that it is not in the way. I already bought a weather resistent truck bed outlet I just need to know where the best place to flush mount it. Any advice and/or pics awould be greatly appreciated. I have a 6th Gen btw (2007)

Regards,

Rollin

• Member Contributer
I went with a Powerlet Steering Stem mount. Not what you have, but it works. :goofy:

I am already using the opening in my stem to hold my GPS mount. I am looking for somewhere to flush mount the outlet on the plastic.

Regards,

Rollin

• Member Contributer
I put mine on the black inner fairing on the LH side. See this thread for a better description and pics.

That is where I ended up putting mine as well. It seems like it will be fine as long as I don't have to turn the steering all the way to the left.

Regards,

Rollin

• Member Contributer

FWIW, Cycle Gadget/Ram makes a ball mount that fits the VFR's gas tank bolt pattern perfectly. Clean install, opens up the steering stem for an electrical mount.

gallery_2925_321_770278.jpg

100_2804.jpg

Good pics of the gas tank ball mount in this thread, too:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=44771

Archived