Michelin Tire Question

Motor_Ref

• Member Contributer
I have just installed a rear PP 2CT and was wondering how to position it. Pirellis had a red dot to position against the valve stem. PPs have no such designation, but they do have this weird U. First i thought that U should be placed across from the valve stem, but then I saw another U on the other side, which did not match.

So, I too am interested in finding out what U stands for, but even more so, i would like to know whether I installed the tire correctly.

The Michelin does not use the dot system because the uniformity doesn't vary like other tire manufactures thats why it's a better tire.

• Member Contributer
I have just installed a rear PP 2CT and was wondering how to position it. Pirellis had a red dot to position against the valve stem. PPs have no such designation, but they do have this weird U. First i thought that U should be placed across from the valve stem, but then I saw another U on the other side, which did not match.

So, I too am interested in finding out what U stands for, but even more so, i would like to know whether I installed the tire correctly.

The Michelin does not use the dot system because the uniformity doesn't vary like other tire manufactures thats why it's a better tire.

THANK YOU!

I was afraid I'd have to reposition the darn thing...

Archived