Fog Lights

Guest Brisco20

Question

Guest Brisco20

I do a lot of traveling in the early morning and late evening up here in good old rainy New England. Many mornings it is very foggy and brites are to bright but regular is not enough. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a set of fog lights that looked and worked good. I like the lines of my bike and I want to try to minimize the amount that I impact them. Any help on this one would be much appreciated.

15 answers to this question

I saw a VFR that had fog/driving lights using the mirror mount as a place to attach them with hand made bracket.

Any idea where there might be a link to any pictures?

• Member Contributer

For them to be of any useful effect, they would have to be mounted much lower than the mirrors. REALLY!

The pics of the ST like on post #11 would be much more effective than having them mounted higher. Too much light would be reflected and actually obscuring the road surface the higher they are mounted.

For them to be of any useful effect, they would have to be mounted much lower than the mirrors. REALLY!

The pics of the ST like on post #11 would be much more effective than having them mounted higher. Too much light would be reflected and actually obscuring the road surface the higher they are mounted.

Forgive my ignorance Growler67 but what do you mean by post #11?

Well I know I saw someone on here post a topic about the fog lights they had installed (with pics) that made it stealthy just under the nose section. I think it was actually mounted either on the front fender or inbetween the forks, but it looked really nice. Tried finding it for you... will look further... It was on a red 5th gen if I recall correctly. Very nice setup

• Member Contributer
Thanks. The search function can be goofy. (So can lurkers). LOL.
<br

There should be something in the're about a mounting option that goes to the brackets where the reflectors are mounted. Also, it's nce that they turn with the front forks/wheel.

And what IS up with the search anyway? Sometimes I find nothing at all on basic searches, and then it just shows up later.

• Member Contributer

Forgive my ignorance Growler67 but what do you mean by post #11?

Notice in the upper right corner of each reply block is a "post #". In the post just before mine a thread from this very forum was linked. If you go to that thread and scroll down to post #11 yo will see the image I was making reference to.

EDIT.......Sorry posted this in the wrong post.....

I think they may be a version of Top Gun brackets. This is a little info on them.

http://www.fjrgoodies.com/topgun.cfm

I'll say it again the Piaa 910 (ION) lights (shown on that yellow VFR but are the clear 910's) will make enough light to make a blind man see. FYI "Ion" is a yellow light that gives better depth in poor conditions (rain,fog...) . If you only need light in good conditions the PHID's are better and use less power.

http://www.ironbutt.org/forum/forum_posts....;pN=1&TPN=3

Archived