Looking For A Zumo 550

JHKolb

• Member Contributer
You can save some money by purchasing a Garmin Nuvi. It has more features than the Zumo and it has a bigger screen. You can get various mounts for the Nuvi on the web. Ram Mounts has a cool one that mounts in the neck of the bike. :fing02:

Yea, I looked at those, but I wanted Bluetooth and none of the Nuvi's have both Bluetooth and are weatherproof for the bike. The Nuvi 500/550 are bluetooth but not weatherproof (at $500) and the lowest model Nuvi (760) with Bluetooth is not listed as weatherproof.

For all weather use and for all the features the Zumo fits the bill - just wish it were cheaper.

Sorry bro. Out here in California, there isn't much rain. :biggrin: Who needs weatherproof gear.

• Member Contributer
You can save some money by purchasing a Garmin Nuvi. It has more features than the Zumo and it has a bigger screen. You can get various mounts for the Nuvi on the web. Ram Mounts has a cool one that mounts in the neck of the bike. :biggrin:

Only the Nuvi 760 will allow you to download routes, which is a MUST HAVE feature of a motorcycle GPS in my opinion...but the 760 isn't weatherproof and you can't use it w/ gloves on like you can with the Zumo.

I had a Nuvi 350 mounted to my bike and upgraded to the Zumo. Much better!!

I have the 550 and there a sweet looking silver VFR that I loaded onto it as the pointer. You can download vehicles from their website right into the unit. And its got about 10 various languages that I installed in it.

I have the 550 and there a sweet looking silver VFR that I loaded onto it as the pointer. You can download vehicles from their website right into the unit. And its got about 10 various languages that I installed in it.

Yeah, all of the Zumos/Nuvis support changing the vehicle.

• Member Contributer
Sorry bro. Out here in California, there isn't much rain. :warranty: Who needs weatherproof gear.

I wish we had Left Coast weather here :fing02: This past week it was beautiful (in Upstate NY where I was on vacation), except for the 1 hour storm every friggin' afternoon.

And today, it was 50 deg for my morning commute, and mid 80's on my way home. Tomorrow it is supposed to get down in the 40's in the AM and back up to mid 80's later in the day and for the weekend.

Archived