Best High-mileage Tire And Best Price

Guest milesbandit

Guest milesbandit

I've been getting about 6k on my Dunlap rear and 8k on the front. I'm slowing down in my old age and willing to try a higher mileage tire at a good price. What's the best high mileage tire that still provides adequate grip for moderate sport riding?

Also, since I'm buying a set, where's the best price online.

• Member Contributer

The new Pilot Road 2 is probably the best choice, but they are a little more expensive than some of the other alternatives. You might want to consider the Pirelli Diablo Strada as well. These are both sport touring tires that will give you decent tread life while providing good grip.

I have alwasy had good luck buying from swmototires.com.

• Member Contributer
I've been getting about 6k on my Dunlap rear and 8k on the front. I'm slowing down in my old age and willing to try a higher mileage tire at a good price. What's the best high mileage tire that still provides adequate grip for moderate sport riding?

Go with a set of Michelin Pilot Road 2's. Fantastic grip wet or dry and a longer wearing center section like the Power 2CT. Handling is superb. I just oredered a set this morning for my Concours14 from Ride Direct. Cheapest I found. Derby Cycles was also cheap but I had to factor in $30 shipping to Calif so they were actually a few dollars more but depending on where you live might be cheaper than Ride Direct. Both places were cheaper than SWMOTOTIRES.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

The way my PR2s are wearing so far, its looking like this will be the longest and best wearing pair of tires ive had yet.

My local dealer is doing tires really cheap; my price wouldve been $252 for the pair for the PR's. But, i had a credit coming for my second Roadsmart that went bad, so i didnt actually pay for both PR2's when i bought them.

That should be a competitive price. I know that for the Bridgestone BT021's, they gave me a price of $185 for the pair. But, I decided to go with the michelins.

They may ship to you; not sure. If you want their number and who to talk to, PM me.

• Member Contributer

I've been really happy with the Pirelli Diablo Strada's as most of my riding is commuting, and then twisty roads as often as I can fit into the schedule. I'm kind of a lightweight 165 lbs and I don't usually carry much more luggage than a backpack, but I got 8k out of the OEM Dunlops (the front was really cupped by the time I tossed them) I'm at almost 17k now, so that's 9k on the Pirelli's and there's still more life left in the rear.

Sorry, I don't remember what I paid.

• 2 weeks later...

I really liked my Conti Road Attacks for more moderate sport riding, I did get them greasy a couple times in hot weather with extended aggressive riding but on the flip side one of the best rain tires I've ridden. IIRC they were $220 shipped from Tire Express (Competition Accessories) in the 120 and 170 combo, but had gone up a lot the last time I checked.

Archived