Icon Helmet

cruzinaz

IMHO..

Icon = Junk

Most of there gear is marketed to people who want to look good, not the whole safe part. I know, they are DOT and snell aproved, but you can't go wrong with helmets from Shoei, Suomy, Arai.....

Haha, dont sugar coat it, tell me how you feel about Icon :laugh:

The other helmet I'm looking at is Shoei

Hey man, if you want a LIKE new Shoei RF-1000, let me know. I have one in XL, metallic black (worn about 3 times) that I will cut you a deal on. I can't stand it. It's like being inside a hurricane. My head buffets all over the place and the loud, booming wind noise is deafening.

And then he puts the bike in gear to roll out of the driveway......

you'll have to explain what that means. i wish i was exaggerating man....i must not have a Shoei head. even with ear plugs in i can't stand it.

Got it today! I bought it used on Ebay for 170 shipped. This thing looks awesome, great shell design and very good quality graphics.

My favorite is the liner and they have 4 or 5 different prints depending on graphic pattern.

P4270045.jpgP4270046.jpg

P4270047.jpgP4270048.jpg

P4270050.jpg

I know its a little extreme but the fact that it has Revelation 9:6 printed on top is sweet.

Here are my thoughts after a short ride:

Ventilation is definitely noticeable with the top vents open.

There is some wind noise but not nearly as bad as my HJC CL-14.

It feels light to me and it did not seem any larger than the dozen other helmets I've been trying recently.

It has more of a round head shape, I have an oval shaped head so I can feel slight pressure

against the front and back of my head.

I would have to say that I am very impressed overall.

I've had an Airframe for a couple of months - works great for me - the top vent lets in a fair amount of air, though at the expense of some noise. Did 600 miles in it the weekend before last - no complaints.

• Member Contributer
I've had an Airframe for a couple of months - works great for me - the top vent lets in a fair amount of air, though at the expense of some noise. Did 600 miles in it the weekend before last - no complaints.

Have you ridden with a Mainframe also? and if so ventilation differences??

Archived