Stock Settings For 07 Vfr

landlover

• Member Contributer

Hi,

New to motorcycles and bought a 07 VFR. Looking through the manual the stock settings for the front Pre-Load are not printed just a picture. Does the front click like the rear on a VFR ABS and how do you get it back to factory settings? Want to make sure it is factory so I can adjust it from there. Do any of you have any tips on suspension adjustment for a newbie.

• 2 months later...
Hi,

New to motorcycles and bought a 07 VFR. Looking through the manual the stock settings for the front Pre-Load are not printed just a picture. Does the front click like the rear on a VFR ABS and how do you get it back to factory settings? Want to make sure it is factory so I can adjust it from there. Do any of you have any tips on suspension adjustment for a newbie.

The front preloads have two grooves in them, standard setting is when the lower or second groove is flush with the seat the valve turns into. It doesnt click you turn it with a slot screwdriver, use a very large one or you will chew up the slot. In fact I use a loonie (canadian one dollar coin) to do it.

Standard is relatively firm, just remember to match your adjustments front and back, with a passenger or if you are a 200+ pounder you may want to ramp it tighten it up further.

• Member Contributer

The front is only adjustable for preload, which is determined by static sag, so the stock stetting is completely useless. The rear is adjustable for preload (same as above) and rebound damping.

The proper way to set your preload, front and rear, is by setting your sag. There is a good tutorial in the reference section of this site and elsewhere on the internet.

Archived