Pair Vlave Mod Help

Guest itwrx

Question

Guest itwrx

I installed the block off plates, removed all the hoses. Blocked off the breather on the top and on the vacuum tree. Went for a quick ride around the block and started to leek oil from the timing chain adjustor and where the cylinder meets the transmission. Not much oil got blown out but still my heart stopped beating for a min.

I installed a K&N valve cover breather on it and haven't had a problem since. What is everyone else doing on the pair valve mod? Should I hook the the vacuum line to the breather? or is it ok the way I have it now.

I hope all of this makes sense. I will upload photos if needed.

5 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

photos. Good idea.

• Member Contributer

Sounds like you plugged the breather hose from between the rear valve cover and the airbox. DON'T plug that.

• Member Contributer
Sounds like you plugged the breather hose from between the rear valve cover and the airbox. DON'T plug that.

I was gonna say that. Figured there was a mix-up of terms.

I was gonna say that. Figured there was a mix-up of terms.

Yeah I did block it off. I have a breather on it now. Do I need to hook it to the airbox or can I leave it the way I have it?

• Member Contributer

It is fine how it is now, but it would have been simpler/easier/cheaper to just leave it connected to the airbox with the same result.

Archived