Stomp Design Tank Panels

Guest USMCDad

Guest USMCDad

These Stomp Design tank panels are the shizzle (LoL does anybody say "shizzle" anymore ?!?!?!?!)

They have a kit now for the 6th gen VFR (see Dave's email below)

Couple of my riding buddies have them on their Kaw's and Gixxer's.

I want a kit for my 2001 !

We need everyone with a 5th gen VFR who thinks they will buy a kit to email Dave so that he'll know there is market demand for them. (see Dave's email below)

Anyone in the HB area with a 5th gen that wants to go by and let them measure your bike to make the templates I bet you can get a free kit ! Send email to Dave if you are willing to do that.

Thanks!

- Dad out

Jim, Website upgrade in the works.

KIT# 55-2005 01-06 HONDA CBR600F4i & 02-07 VFR

Dave Molinari

STOMP Design Unltd. Inc.

15431 Chemical Ln.

Huntington Beach, Ca. 92649

714-894-9388fax 894-4648

dave@stompdesign.com <mailto:dave@stompdesign.com>

www.stompdesign.com <http://www.stompdesign.com>

stomp-snow.com <http://www.stomp-snow.com>

stompgrip.com<http://www.stompgrip.com>

brand94.com <http://www.brand94.com>

• Member Contributer

I've had an F4i kit on my '02 for about a year now. I love it. Not the most attractive addition to my bike, but I can drag knees in the turns with no hands on the bars (J/K).

I've had an F4i kit on my '02 for about a year now. I love it. Not the most attractive addition to my bike, but I can drag knees in the turns with no hands on the bars (J/K).

It's like they say around here. It doesn't exist without pictures!!!! LOL

• Member Contributer

I emailed Dave at Stompgrip and this was his reply:

Part# 55-2004 CBR954 will fit that thing beautifully.

Dave Molinari

I'll probably order that kit sometime next week...

Guest USMCDad
I emailed Dave at Stompgrip and this was his reply:
Part# 55-2004 CBR954 will fit that thing beautifully.

Dave Molinari

I'll probably order that kit sometime next week...

Oh hey ... do I understand this correctly ... Dave is telling you that that kit will fit a 5th gen beautifully?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

- Dad

• Member Contributer

Yep, that's what it sounds like. I just ordered the kit (along with a fancy Shoei helmet - yay! :fing02: ). I'll post up how the kit fits on my '99 when it arrives.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

The friendly man in brown delivered presents to me yesterday, including the stomp grip kit I ordered per Dave's suggestion (for an '03 954). I took a few pics of the install and finished product - see below. I'm really happy with them. They're inconspicuous (to the extent something that size could ever by inconspicuous), and riding with them is really great.

I've had them out for a ~2hr ride (my Reg/Rec crapped out :fing02:).

The installation was easy, if finicky. I don't have a hairdryer or heat gun, so I left them in the sun for a bit before putting them on. Cleaned the sides of the tank with alcohol before applying. Getting them on is just a matter of taking it a little at time and bing patient. I sketched a template based on the first side and flipped it to match locations. I think these guys are worth every penny. Fit isn't perfect, but it's good enough got me.

Interestingly,the universal Stompgrip kit I bought earlier only came with one sheet - enough for one side of the bike. Given that the one universal sheet was $35.00 and the 954 kit ran $35.99, I'd go for a precut kit just for the value. I suppose someone more picky then me might trim them to match a bit better. Anyways - gallery is below.

gallery_13977_3870_217136.jpg

Stomp Grip and RegRec 032.jpg

As they came

gallery_13977_3870_219466.jpg

Stomp Grip and RegRec 036.jpg

My substitute for a heat gun :fing02:

gallery_13977_3870_297246.jpg

Stomp Grip and RegRec 034.jpg

One side done. Interestingly, the logo is upside down. I didn't see any other way to put them on, thoguh...

gallery_13977_3870_20361.jpg

Stomp Grip and RegRec 037.jpg

Template to locate the second one symmetrically with the first.

gallery_13977_3870_137974.jpg

Stomp Grip and RegRec 039.jpg

And the finished product :fing02: Honestly, they look better in person. The bottom follows the accent line along the bottom part of the tank.

gallery_13977_3870_219550.jpg

Stomp Grip and RegRec 040.jpg

Edited by Rustbucket

• 10 months later...
  • Member Contributer
Has anyone put stomp grips on a 6th Gen? If so what pre-cut ones did you use?

I have them on my 07, but I just bought a universal set (I think) and then cut them down to a size and shape that worked for me. I know, I know, it's worthless without pictures :laugh: I'll take pictures sometime this weekend...

As for performance they work great :biggrin: but they only stay clear until the first time you use them. The ends of the nobblies attract a lot of dirt so you'll end up cleaning these alot to keep them looking new.

• Member Contributer

Really? You must have a different product than me - mine still look new after being on the bike for a year - they've gone through all sorts of weather and been generally neglected...

• Member Contributer
Really? You must have a different product than me - mine still look new after being on the bike for a year - they've gone through all sorts of weather and been generally neglected...

It could be that the dirt just shows up more against the white paint on that part of the tank as opposed to red or some other color.

• Member Contributer

I have used stompgrip on other bikes and I am currently using techspec on the VFR. The stompgrip definitely grips leathers better and almost hurts when wearing jeans. The adhesive is more aggressive on the stompgrip and handles compound curves much better. This is great for track bikes because it allows you to place the pad as far back on the tank as possible so that you can hang off the bike better. I notice with the techspec that it would peel if the edge of the pad was too close to a curve. The techspec looks a lot better than the stompgrip though. If you ride mainly street go with the techspec, if you're a track fiend go with the stompgrip. Also the tank shapes have not changed much for the VFRs so the techspec's kit will work for pretty much all VFRs. Here are some pics of the techspecs on my 4th gen. Hope this helps.

techspec.jpg

dadsretirement001a.jpg

• Member Contributer

Techspec! They are as advertised, good customer service also. I will purchase again when needed.

Mac