Headlight Bulb Adapter

Writer/Rider

My Sylvania Silver Stars burnt out (again) and I managed to loose the adapter shim I was using to fit them into my 01 VFR. It has been so long since I ordered them that I forgot where they came from. Can anyone please tell me where I can order them?

Thanks,

Bob Pi.

• Member Contributer
My Sylvania Silver Stars burnt out (again) and I managed to loose the adapter shim I was using to fit them into my 01 VFR. It has been so long since I ordered them that I forgot where they came from. Can anyone please tell me where I can order them?

Thanks,

Bob Pi.

Ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H4-Bulb-Ada...sspagenameZWD1V

That's what irks me about the SilverStars, it's their poor lifespan.

Apparently, the new SilverStar Ultra bulbs are supposed to last 30% longer. Check it out.

$21 for a pair here:

http://www.espotdeals.com/Shop/Control/Pro...id/0/rid/123267

And don't forget the old nail trick. Bend the tabs upward over a nail and then the nail fits were the honda tabs go - much like the adapters, but its just easier/cheaper when you're touring and a bulb goes out to get a nail.

I thought you just needed to bend a tab out of the way to install those bulbs.....

• Member Contributer
I thought you just needed to bend a tab out of the way to install those bulbs.....

That's right - just bend the tab that doesn't line up 90 degrees straight back. Put the bulb in, go riding. Make certain it's seated completely - you may have to bend it a bit past 90 degrees.

I, too had poor life out of the SilverStars, so after a couple of sets I switched to the PIAAs and I ain't going back.

Archived