Farkle Hook-up

Guest Pete McCrary

Guest Pete McCrary

Does anyone see a problem with wiring my 4 panel accessory fuse block and hard wiring my Battery Tender to the hot side (front) of the starter solenoid located directly behind the battery? The main cable from the hot side of the battery connects to this point so obviously there is direct continuity between this position and the hot side of the battery.

I'm trying to avoid the "spaghetti" look of hooking 4 wires onto the hot post of my battery. (I already have Kanadian Ken's monitor wire fix running to the hot side of the battery).

You could run the Monitor wire through the fusepanel(it's only needed when the bike is running), but since you bought my VFRness you shouldn't need Ken's fix, as mine already fixes it.

I'm holding off on installing your harness for the moment. I want to get out and do some riding.

See any problem with wiring the fuse block to the hot side of the starter solenoid?

I'm holding off on installing your harness for the moment. I want to get out and do some riding.

See any problem with wiring the fuse block to the hot side of the starter solenoid?

I don't believe this is a problem, but you will need something to trigger the relay, which is what my harness does for the fusepanel. You can swap out the purple wire for another one, but it has that nice connector already on it to mate with the VFRness.

Archived