5th Gen Fairing Question

Guest rmcc520

Guest rmcc520

My VFR is missing the fairing bolt bracket on the right side. I ordered one through Ron Ayers but want to be sure which nut I am supposed to bolt it to. Can someone post a picture of what the right side of the bike looks like without the fairing on so I can check it out? Thanks!

• Member Contributer
My VFR is missing the fairing bolt bracket on the right side. I ordered one through Ron Ayers but want to be sure which nut I am supposed to bolt it to. Can someone post a picture of what the right side of the bike looks like without the fairing on so I can check it out? Thanks!

Does this help?

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg44/Kn...23/IMGP0891.jpg

The microfiche doesn't show me exactly how the bracket is supposed to be mounted. Knife, is there any way you can show me a picture a little bit lower on the bike than the one you posted?

The microfiche doesn't show me exactly how the bracket is supposed to be mounted. Knife, is there any way you can show me a picture a little bit lower on the bike than the one you posted?

Knife's picture shows it precisely. Mount it the same way the other side is mounted

Looking at the cowl, there are two screws on the side. One goes into the bracket that Knife's picture shows. Where does the screw that is closer to the ground go? I believe there is another smaller bracket that it screws into, which the microfiche shows as bracket #10. The bracket in Knife's pic is bracket # 9. My question is which screw do I mount bracket #10 to on the frame (or engine perhaps)?

And now that I see the picture, I realize why I was having so much trouble figuring it out. The mount where I would connect the bracket is sheared off!! Looks like I am going to have to figure something else out. :idea3:

Archived