O2 Sensor Elimination?

Guest 06VFR

Question

Guest 06VFR

I just installed a fuel pressure regulator from Turbo City, and was wondering if I need to eliminate the O2 sensor?

I tried looking into other mod threads but could not find a straight answer to just that. All others included with a PC Commander.

The only mod I have is a staintune exhaust. Any suggestions???

4 answers to this question

• Member Contributer

For what it's worth, I put on the 330 Ohm resistors from Radio shack and I don't have a Pciii. That seemed to eliminate the weak spot between 4-5K on my Vtec. For the $1 or so that they cost, it may be worth a try.

For what it's worth, I put on the 330 Ohm resistors from Radio shack and I don't have a Pciii. That seemed to eliminate the weak spot between 4-5K on my Vtec. For the $1 or so that they cost, it may be worth a try.

Did you install the Fuel pressure regulator as well?

I have the 300 ohm resistors, but I wanted to see if there was a diffrence with just the FPR. I;ll just have to ride :mellow: and see if it made a diffrence.

Otherwise I'll be installing the resistors....Thanks

• Member Contributer

Install the resistors. It will eliminate the lean surging at small throttle openings, particularly around 4-5krpm. The fuel injection will stay in map mode instead of leaning out the mixture.

I don't want to confuse you here and give differing information. But, when I installed my Turbo City FPR, I removed the 02 sensor eliminators that I had put on in the hopes of straightening out the lean/surge issue (02 eliminators did not work for me) Although I did do a starter valve synch when installing the FPR and My bike is completely sorted out now. I did synch all starter valves as close to equal with the non adjustable one as I could. My bikes been running great for about a couple of years now. I hope you have the same results.

Archived