Anyone Have A Pic Of Leo Vince W/oem Hardbags?

DougFromIndy

• Member Contributer

Hello, I got some leo vince Titaniums and I understand these are compatible with oem hardbags...I just want to install them just like mitch did his CF cans, widest part of oval to left and right, exhaust exit tubes pointing straight down. I know you can spin these but would rather not...my question is: Do I have enough clearance around bag brackets to leave these flat (widest from side to side, spouts down, exactly like Mitch has his) or do I need need to angle these to fit? thanks Doug

Hello, I got some leo vince Titaniums and I understand these are compatible with oem hardbags...I just want to install them just like mitch did his CF cans, widest part of oval to left and right, exhaust exit tubes pointing straight down. I know you can spin these but would rather not...my question is: Do I have enough clearance around bag brackets to leave these flat (widest from side to side, spouts down, exactly like Mitch has his) or do I need need to angle these to fit? thanks Doug

If you're asking if you can just take the cans straight out of the box and slap them on the bike without having to modify anything to make them fit with hard bags, the answer is yes.

This is the only picture I have of the rear of the bike with the hard bag brackets in place:

th_HT4U1374.jpg

here is a picture of my pipes so everyone can see what he is referring too!! Good luck~

tn_gallery_13455_3697_22215.jpg

Yup, that looks like the way you're suppose to install them. I didn't know you could rotate the cans? :biggrin:

I tried to rotate my cans so they both were tilted in (Tips pointed out) It didnt work very well, you would have to bend the brackets a little to get the "tilted" look. It is very hard to rotate an oval in an oval bracket. If you had circle pipes in a circle bracket its a different story

• Member Contributer

Mitch, thanks ...I really want these that way, I think its correct, just helps to know they will fit in FLAT like they should with my bag brackets. Yours look way cool and Darth on the track is me hitting the entrance ramp Southbound to Florida on 4/22 , no work today and on a 10 day XC trip till May 2nd, just me, my gear, my tent, my mp3 on high, the open road, and some leo vince noise behind me, will do 3000 miles or better...People say riding is dangerous, I think its extremely healthy, its punching a time clock for 20 years that kills you :fing02:

bikeparkedatHIcampground.jpg

HPIM0370.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

If you're asking if you can just take the cans straight out of the box and slap them on the bike without having to modify anything to make them fit with hard bags, the answer is yes.

This is the only picture I have of the rear of the bike with the hard bag brackets in place:

th_HT4U1374.jpg

Did you have to remove the hard bag brackets when installing? And the wheel?

Cool pic, by the way! :fing02:

here is a picture of my pipes so everyone can see what he is referring too!! Good luck~

tn_gallery_13455_3697_22215.jpg

Yup, that looks like the way you're suppose to install them. I didn't know you could rotate the cans? :fing02:

Well, I'm picking up the LV Evolution II Oval Carbons. I'm really really hoping there is some way to rotate them a bit, because I just got a tail tidy(license plate holder that replaces OEM big plastic thingy...) for the back of my bike, and somehow I'm gonna need to squeeze the license plate inbetween those 2 mufflers. :P

ANYONELSE got a tail tidy to work with their cans, and how? Thanks!

Archived