Base Settings For 4th Generation

Guest WAVFR

Guest WAVFR

Have searched but couldn't find the base settings, just bought a 94, 750 and want to see where the dampers are set at.

Thanks.

• Member Contributer
Have searched but couldn't find the base settings, just bought a 94, 750 and want to see where the dampers are set at.

Thanks.

Unless your shock and fork springs are new, and you're a clone of the factory test rider, the "base" preload settings won't do any good. Just set the sag per this link, set the shock rebound to the middle of the range, and take it from there.

• Member Contributer

What the man said....

The front forks can be adjusted by getting a large screwdriver/coin in the slit on top of each fork leg

3lever.jpg

(large screwdriver so you donot nick the inside of the slit)

Just turn them in completely, out completely, counting the clicks to make sure they are equal on either side.

The rear OEM shock looks like this

HPIM3613.jpg

and has adjusting at the top of the shock

HPIM3620.jpg

by sticking the thingie in the toolkit through the small dark round hole above the oval hole

HPIM4113.jpg

same as above, turn in/out counting the clicks so you know what the total range is.

At the bottom of the shock (get on your knees and bend over boy.....) at the left side is a small slit where you can adjust too (probably covered in road grime....)

Did you get the small blue and white user manual with the bike?

Hope this helps

• Member Contributer

Dutchy,

As a side note, I think it's funny the label your shock preload adjuster has English on it! Mine is in French :goofy: . Maybe we have each other's. Now, it doesn't matter, because your original shock is probably in a parts bin somewhere, just like mine.

• Member Contributer
Dutchy,

As a side note, I think it's funny the label your shock preload adjuster has English on it! Mine is in French :unsure: . Maybe we have each other's. Now, it doesn't matter, because your original shock is probably in a parts bin somewhere, just like mine.

Yeah they must have mixed something up because mine is supposed to be imported from France

By September 1997, reds ones were sold out in the Netherlands.

One week after purchasing the bike, Honda announced the VFR800....

I donated my shock to a collegue, who's 4th Gen shock leaked. His dealer quoted him a small fortune, so I said "here, have mine"

1 month later, he sold his bike :goofy:

Thanks for the detailed info guys, unfortunately I did not get a manual, but managed to download a workshop maual off the internet.

Archived