Broken Instrument Panel Button

Polarbear

• Member Contributer

Dear helpful VFRD members,

Picked up my 02 black VFR and rode it for the first time yesterday pm. Loved it! :D However, I noticed that a button was missing on the instrument panel. I'm talking about the one on the left side, the rubber button that lets you change from engine temp to outside temp I think. I can still do it using anything long and thin (like an Allen key for instance) but would like to get the proper button. Anyone knows if this can be purchased or found used?

Thanks,

P.P-M

• Member Contributer

Picked up my 02 black VFR and rode it for the first time yesterday pm. Loved it! :D However, I noticed that a button was missing on the instrument panel. I'm talking about the one on the left side, the rubber button that lets you change from engine temp to outside temp I think. I can still do it using anything long and thin (like an Allen key for instance) but would like to get the proper button. Anyone knows if this can be purchased or found used?

Thanks,

P.P-M

http://fiche.ronayers.com/Index.cfm/Module...oup/SPEEDOMETER

• Member Contributer

Thanks,

P.P-M

Tu chômes pas, toé!! I still don't see the little thing that I need, unless it means I need the entire plastic panel to get it.

P.P-M

• Member Contributer

Thanks,

P.P-M

Tu chômes pas, toé!! I still don't see the little thing that I need, unless it means I need the entire plastic panel to get it.

P.P-M

It might come with the outside (cheap) or the inside panel ($460)

The oustide has the rubber your missing and you can easily fabricate the rode.

• Member Contributer

Long shot: (Poor Scott). Scott at bulegauges.com may have an extra. Worth shoot'n him an email.

• Member Contributer
Long shot: (Poor Scott). Scott at bulegauges.com may have an extra. Worth shoot'n him an email.

Good suggestion but no luck.

Here's his answer:

Unfortunately, I don't have any parts for that gauge at this time.......you might want to try a used set of gauges from ebay or a local motorcycle salvage yard. A new one will cost you about $75

Scott Woodruff

So, I'll be looking around for a broken one and hope I can salvage that part. Thanks for the idea though.

P.P-M

I'm sure I've had several as I've had several trashed dashes, but I think I tossed them all out recently.

I'll look around and send you one if I still happen to have any pieces left! :warranty:

• Member Contributer
I'm sure I've had several as I've had several trashed dashes, but I think I tossed them all out recently.

I'll look around and send you one if I still happen to have any pieces left! :blink:

Geez, Baileyrock, thanks, that's really nice of you. :beer:

If you find one, and you don't want any money (I'll send you some if you want), I'll make a donation to this site.

But thanks for even taking the time to check.

As for the buttons, themselves, not sure if it's because it's more "ergonomically correct" to put one on each side... Really don't know. :goofy:

P.P-M

Archived