Krauser K5 Topcase - Final Thoughts?

pres589

• Member Contributer

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/59/132/

Yay? Nay? These things seem like a good deal, wanting one for a top-case install on my 6th gen. The reputation seems good and I like the mounting more than the Givi stuff. At a later date I may get side cases, but I want something large and not too wide to start out with. It's hard to find this kind of stuff installed around here so I don't know where to go to see the stuff in person, so I'm kind of taking it on faith and would like to mitigate screw-ups. So I'm really just looking for opinions from people that already own the things.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
You might want to consider the Krauser line of products available from Twisted Throttle. Their top and side rack mounting hardware looks much cleaner w/ the luggage off the bike and the cost is less when compared to the Givi. Ive been very happy w/ my top rack and K5 (47 liter) top box on my 5th Gen...

It's worth taking a look just for comparison purposes only...

A quote from somebody in another thread I posted. I too am looking at one of these...

• Member Contributer

like I've said before I absolutely love mine. The top rack looks really clean w/o the Top Box locked on . The K5 Top Box is as good if not better then the GIVI luggage.

The thing that really sold me was how clean the bike looks. The GIVI hardware just looked cobbed together w/ the locking system plate.

I'm not overly sold on the Krauser side mounts as they detract from the clean lines of the bike. But they are the cleanest out there.

I'm not thinking you would be disappointed, I certainly was not...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived