Tourmaster Response Sc Boots? Anyone Use 'em?

Lobster

If you're looking for an around town/commuter boot, this would probably work pretty good. It's certainly better than tennis shoes or hiking boots. They say the boot is waterproof, but whats the point if it's too short to prevent water from getting into your boot from the top.

Personnally, I perfer a taller, full-length boot. JM2¢

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I bought them last spring from New Enough. I like the idea of tie to proper fit and covered laces. They are extremely comfortable. I commute 6 months a year and some days I keep them on. I don't like that my pants (HT overpants) can rise above the top of the boot, exposing a possibility of taking on water. That said, I've had no trouble in bad weather as long as I take extra care to keep the pant pulled down.

Many of the taller boots I tried were zipper and velcro flaps without the ability to "tighten" around the foot, which seems wrong in the event of an accident. So I like the lace feature. That said, I've been eyeing taller boots with tightening ability like the TCX Infinity GTX although the review makes me question if it is a good sole for the VFR. I'll keep wearing the Response SC's for commuting. Given how they're wearing I'll definitely get at least another season out of them and I do like the feel of them on the bike. Not a bad boot for the short money.

Boot and helmet purchases are difficult in that the fit and function is very personal and a lot is undetermined until proper break in.

Good luck.

Archived