Alarm Installation Blues

Guest hougy

Wow, I'm going nuts with this.

I installed my Cyclone 866F this morning and I am having issues making it activate. I have everything hooked up (I have not soldered the wires yet) according to the instructions. It works...but it doesn't work, work. When I plugged in the main unit to the wire harness, I heard nothing but I was supposed to set it off. I held down the remote button and it chirped; so I played with it trying to arm it and nothing. I have to unhook the bugger and reconnect it to hear any chirps with the remote.

The wires are routed as follows:

Blue: Ignition wire- Spliced at the fuse box by battery

Green:Start/Engine kill- Cut at the engine stop relay (black wire) by battery

White: Start/Engine kill- Cut at the engine stop relay (black wire) by battery

Red: Positive battery terminal

Black: Negative battery terminal

The installation manual is located at this site (PDF file).

Here's the wiring schematic displaying what wires I used.

Wiring.jpg

I'm pretty much lost at this point because to my knowledge everything should work, but maybe I am missing something sad.gif

Anyone know what the issue may be?

Quick question with it hooked up does the bike start? I've installed tons of alarms on bikes. Just gotta

do a bit of trouble shooting.

Going now to look at the PDF.

Ok first thing to try.

Only hook up the 12v wire and the ground. See if it will arm and disarm, if your not getting these off

the battery do so. You can also use a good frame ground. It sounds like its pulling power off one of

your relays.

Yes, everything runs fine. All the connections are holding fine. Hrmm, I might use a frame ground instead...I thought about that since it was going to be less cluttered with wires. I'll give it a shot and see what happens!

Yes, everything runs fine. All the connections are holding fine. Hrmm, I might use a frame ground instead...I thought about that since it was going to be less cluttered with wires. I'll give it a shot and see what happens!

Nope...still does the same thing. sad.gif

Thats really odd.

See if you were hooking it up on a test bench using a 12v power supply doing

so with only the power and ground you still should be able to arm it. Unless it

needs those other wires to complete a circuit which I have never seen. It should

arm and disarm only hooked up to the power supply.

I disconnected it from the Start/Kill switch, apparently it's another wire I am supposed to use (they sent me the VFR wire guide which has a different wire involved). Now the bike wont start...the FI wont start up. hahaha, funnn

Your blue wire should tap into the Red/Black wire from the ignition switch....this is just a switched power source, you could use a tail-light or even the monitor wire from your R/R.

The Green and White wires should go in between the kill switch wire(just one)...when the bike powers on, the relay inside the alarm completes the circuit, if the alarm is armed, the relay keeps the circuit cut. It looks like you used 2 different wires for the green and white, instead of in between 1 wire.

Red and Black are correct, direct to battery.

The green and the white wires are separate wires. Green goes to one end of the kill switch wire, the White the other. I got it all working (the VFR) the guy mentioned tapping the BLUE wire into a Yellow/Red wire instead of the Black/Red wire. HRMMM, might hafta check into this

The green and the white wires are separate wires. Green goes to one end of the kill switch wire, the White the other. I got it all working (the VFR) the guy mentioned tapping the BLUE wire into a Yellow/Red wire instead of the Black/Red wire. HRMMM, might hafta check into this

from the diagram in the installation, it sounds like it goes inline, but now that I think about it the side stand and kill switches are normally open....which would mean putting the green and white on 1 wire each would make sense.

Well I looked for this Yellow/Red wire that is coming from the same place as the Black/Red wire...Looks like I can tap into it with one of those posi connectors; only about an inch to work with o.O

Archived