Gutting It...

Guest Macgyvfr

Guest Macgyvfr

I can never resist the urge to tinker with stuff. Today I woke up at 6am, had my OJ and breakfast burrito, and then removed the exhaust from the bike.

I have a friend that owns a welding shop, so I took it over to him. He's going to gut the cans for me using the photos and info I provided him from here. I should have the pipes back later this afternoon.

Is there a suggested intake mod to compliment the exhaust?

Tom

• Member Contributer

Don't know about the intake mod, but I'm sure others will chime in soon.

I just did the full gut on mine a few weeks ago,,you are gonna love the sound,,actually be able to hear the bike at a stoplight :thumbsup:

Damn Trav you are quick!!

• Member Contributer

Intake,......

There are a couple. Really has nothing to do with the exhaust. Lots of folks undo the flapper. (Search flapper mod). After seeing how it works, I re-connected mine. LOL. Others have opened the the top. (removing the snorkle, flapper and cutting a hole in the hump, next to the flapper hump then grilling the holes to keep critters out. Some have suggested adding a ram air. LOTS of debate. Seems the only thing certain, is there really isn't any H.P. gains. A P.C. really is the way to go, for any gains. Then, cat.-less exhausts. (Good luck finding one).

May I suggerst this cheap mod,.....

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=28845

Are they done yet??????

HECK YES THEY ARE!

Damn they sound sweet. Not quite as evil as my 94 with the D&D pipe...but acceptable for the price!!! :blink:

• Member Contributer
Are they done yet??????

HECK YES THEY ARE!

Damn they sound sweet. Not quite as evil as my 94 with the D&D pipe...but acceptable for the price!!! :blink:

WOOO HOOO!! Yep, what a cheap mod, cost me 2 hours of work and a couple a :beer: for a buddies help.

Archived