Question About The Difference Between The Generations?

Guest AZdroptop

Guest AZdroptop

Hi all,

New to the board and searching for a sport-touring bike. I've been lurking awhile and searching the differnt motorcycle for sale sites and I have a few questions.

What are the major differences in the generations? It seems the vtec came around at some point and a some like it, some don't. I'm really taken by the 06 white bike, and the 07 anniversary model. Are there any big differences between the two? What about an 06 and say an 02, 03? Thank you! Great site you all have here.

Rick

Hi all,

New to the board and searching for a sport-touring bike. I've been lurking awhile and searching the differnt motorcycle for sale sites and I have a few questions.

What are the major differences in the generations? It seems the vtec came around at some point and a some like it, some don't. I'm really taken by the 06 white bike, and the 07 anniversary model. Are there any big differences between the two? What about an 06 and say an 02, 03? Thank you! Great site you all have here.

Rick

06 and 07 are virtually identical.

02-05 have the vtec come on about 400 rpm later (6800 vs 6400). honda did this to 'smooth it out' cant say if it matters as my 03 doesn't have any vtec kick after 02 mod.

you also get clear turn signal lenses vs older years having yellow.

that is the only differences i know from 02-07

Guest 767fixer

other than those mods mentioned by turtlecreek, Honda believes a model can continue to live by "bold new paint" <_<

Guest AZdroptop
other than those mods mentioned by turtlecreek, Honda believes a model can continue to live by "bold new paint" <_<

Bold new paint! LOL Sounds like what Kawasaki did with the KLR for 18 years or so. smile.gif

Thanks for the info guys. From doing a few searches it seems 01 was the last of the non-vtec?

Archived