Vfr800 Chain/sprockets

Guest Nailer45

Guest Nailer45

I was wondering if someone in my area ( Herrin , ILL ) had a chain riveting tool that I could borrow so I may install my new chain.. I like the riveted master links VS. master links with clips..

I found a machinist who believes he can use a press to set the master link.. Can you install the chain on a VFR if the chain is continuos link . In other words can you put the chain together and then install it on the bike ?

• Member Contributer
I found a machinist who believes he can use a press to set the master link.. Can you install the chain on a VFR if the chain is continuos link . In other words can you put the chain together and then install it on the bike ?

Not unless you remove the swingarm. If you're willing to pay shipping both ways I can loan you my chain press. PM me is interested.

edited for clarity

• Member Contributer

Yes you can put the chain on after it's been put together, a little more work but no big deal, but being a machinest I recommend that you find someone with the proper tool to do the job, it is easy to make a mistake if you don't know what you are doing. If you can't find someone with a tool, purchase the EK master link.

edit: here's the link http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...;showarticle=31

Guest FIREFIGHTER MATT

Sorry to say that I don't have one! If I did it I would run it up too you I'm only about an hour and a half from you!

Matt

Nailer,

put the chain on with the clip master link.

Go down to yer friendly shop, take oot the clip master link. Put in the rivet master link.

Go in and beg, borrow, steal the rivet tool, or pay to have the rivets swedged over.

Might help to call ahead,

I'm just saying,

Cheers, . .. .

Thanks everyone for replying/ info.. I found a rivet tool , a man who rides with us once in a while said he has 1 and he will loan it to me...

Archived