Black Colour Paint Code

Veefer800Canuck

I'm looking for the colour code for the lower fairing panels on a '94-'97 VFR750?

I believe it is some variety of flat black, based on pics I have seen (see sample below), but there are none in my area to look at.

Can anyone confirm and/or provide the correct code?

According to colorrite's website, it is NH1Z Gloss Black, but pics of the various 4th gens look like flat black to my eyes?

Anyone???? :joystick:

p0000984wh3.jpg

What I'm really digging for is a colour to perhaps paint the lowers on my 800 as suggested in another thread:

blacklowerspaint.jpg

The lowers of the 4th gen immediately sprang to mind, but I'm also leaning towards the Graphite Black of the 2007 CBR1000:

2005_Honda_Motorcycles_CBR_1000RR.jpg

If it looks good, maybe I'd do the front fender in Graphite Black as well? :joystick:

• Member Contributer

Canuck,

Let me first start off by saying that after a girl named Michele, who was my first girlfriend, my primary objet d'amour in this life so far was my 1994 VFR :salesman: She was better than any scruffy college student like me deserved. My she rest in peace...

Anyway, having removed those panels often during oil changes, I can tell you they are NOT painted, or at least mine weren't. They have the same finish as those pseudo-rocker panel/fender craplings seen on the Honda Element®.

It's a very very very very dark grey, slightly warm. Not quite black. At least, that's what I had. Whatever color you have in mind, I can tell you that is was SuperMatte finish, dimples and all.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: On 2nd thought, just buy a damned NSR and be done with it. We know what you're angling on.... :unsure:

Archived