Fender Elim (all I Need Now Are My Plates!)

25th VFR

• Member Contributer

Wow! At first the small nuts were driving me nuts, but after a few minutes of taking a breath (and a beer) I figured out the best way to put the plate on, and man it looks gooood!

gallery_11105_2867_243082.jpg

Word of advice, when you are trying to mount the license plate light onto the Fender Elim, I found that taking a rasp to the plastic and grinding down about 1/8 inch seemed to make the installation a bit easier. Regardless, the old fender is now in the 'Stock Box' in the garage in the event I ever need it.

Thanks Ken for such a nice product. If/When I ever decide to get some hardbags, I'll look at your rear mount option. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Some more pics of it in my Gallery, I should have made a pictorial for the actual install, but it was dark in my garage :beer:

Edited by 25th VFR

Guest white lightning

Mine will be here next Tuesday, ordered it yesterday. My only concern is debris building up on the tail lights. But it does make a big improvement to the look of the rear end.

• Member Contributer
My only concern is debris building up on the tail lights.

It's not as bad as you would think. I have had my CW kit on for two years and all kinds of weather and the light is still fine :thumbsup:

Wow! At first the small nuts were driving me nuts, but after a few minutes of taking a breath (and a beer) I figured out the best way to put the plate on, and man it looks gooood!

gallery_11105_2867_243082.jpg

Word of advice, when you are trying to mount the license plate light onto the Fender Elim, I found that taking a rasp to the plastic and grinding down about 1/8 inch seemed to make the installation a bit easier. Regardless, the old fender is now in the 'Stock Box' in the garage in the event I ever need it.

Thanks Ken for such a nice product. If/When I ever decide to get some hardbags, I'll look at your rear mount option. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Some more pics of it in my Gallery, I should have made a pictorial for the actual install, but it was dark in my garage :pissed:

Cool - glad things worked out.

Next batch of Eliminators to be ready for Sale Wednesday!

Guest white lightning

No pics but the job took about 30 minutes. I'm not mechanically inclined so I take my time. Went really simple. I'm just curious if I'll get pulled over for it. The plate tucks in between the pipes real well outta site.

Definetely an improvement to the arse of the steed.

• 1 month later...

Got my fender eliminator from Ken today as well... awesome workmanship. Better quality than the CW kit!!! Mine did not come with nuts, so I went to Home Depot and got 4mm-7 nuts to mount the light with. I also picked up some 1/2 x 5/16 12 7 Rubber stoppers to plug the holes where the factory bolts used to be. These worked great. I had to trim the bottoms of the ones next to the tailight so they would not hang down too much. I also trimmed the one where I routed the power wire for the license light to allow for the cord. This should keep most of the water out from under the rear seat. The parts numbers are pictured below if you need them...

fe.jpg