Adjusting The Stock Shocks/forks...

Guest seattlesucks

Guest seattlesucks

I'm 6'6", 330lbs + gear. I don't have a ton of money to throw at this bike, so how can I set the sag and stiffen the shocks to the best possible setting w/o spending a red penny? I'd like to be able to have my girlfriend along for a ride as well... Tips? It's a gen6 btw...

:unsure: Buy a Busa! :P

Actually you really should by new springs for the front and rear, that would cost you $200 but would make the biggest and best change for you.

Otherwise just Max everything out, maybe add longer pre-load spacers in the forks out of PVC. :thumbsup:

Welcome to VFRD too! :beer:

:unsure: Buy a Busa! :P

Actually you really should by new springs for the front and rear, that would cost you $200 but would make the biggest and best change for you.

Otherwise just Max everything out, maybe add longer pre-load spacers in the forks out of PVC. :thumbsup:

Welcome to VFRD too! :beer:

Thanks!

I've been lurking here for quite a while... I like the VFR, but I might trade it in for a Busa if I can't get the overloading issues worked out. smile.gif

so where can you get some springs, front rear for $200.00? I am thinking of going that route for a while.

I am in the same boat, 6'2 230. Need to stop bottoming out the suspension, ouch!

Archived